Monday 6 May 2013

Rant

My day job frustrates me. I am frustrated to no end and feel like an incompetent piece of crap. Plus I'm dropping tired today which does not help. If I didn't need this job financially I wouldn't be doing it. And I'm already nervous about my contract being up in October and not having another job lined up. Makes us second guess booking our holiday for November.

Talking to a friend today who did the same degree as me, but is working in a much more progressive, responsible, and degree related job. She went away, and is doing a job in BC, fresh out of university, that in NL they would want 5-10 years experience, and/or a Masters Degree, and/or a professional accounting designation. And all I can get here in NL is office work - secretarial, that is not what I went to school for. The money is the only redeeming part. Maybe we would have been better off if we had went away. I know we wouldn't have our house, and would have been away from family, but at the same time we would have been so much further ahead career wise. It's depressing that this is the kind of decision you need to make in NL. Just stupid. Go away and do well career wise and financially, but you need to leave behind your friends and family, and forgo other plans, oh and don't forget - we "really want you to stay in NL".

 

No comments:

Post a Comment