Tuesday 21 May 2013

Weekend

This holiday weekend ended up being different than originally anticipated. My first aid course got cancelled, without me getting a notice, therefore I was up and thre 9am on Saturday morning after working later Friday night, only to wait around with a group of people for an hour before I left. But I did then get George Street bagels which were yummy, and although I lost out on sleep, I now had the whole day to relax/do whatever.

Sunday I got to sleep in as I no longer had first aid, then I worked from 3:45 until close. I had a customer that shift that fully reminded me exactly why I love working at my second job. 

They had a complaint, I could hear something was wrong while serving another customer. When finished with my other customer, I asked how I could help her. I listened to her story, offered to correct it, and in return she complimented me so many times on my professionalism and kindness! She said I looked like someone who should be in business, and I told her I have my BBA, and work this job on the side. She thanked me again numerous times as she left and asked me for my name. She said she wanted to call in to let someone know how professional, courteous, and friendly I was. All of this made my day - in fact, my whole weekend!! I couldn't stop smiling the rest of my shift. =D This is why I love working in customer service. It can be frustrating at times,you may have to deal with some tough people/situations, and not everyone is always happy, but it is moments like THAT that make it worth it.

Monday I enjoyed a lazy day around the house. Slept in, finished my book 419, watched Brave, Game of Thrones from Sunday night, and started reading Game of Thrones. After a late supper, Michael and I played catch up on one of our shows. It was a nice, relaxing, lazy day. Unfortunately I had trouble getting to sleep last night, but that was probably due to sleeping in Sunday and Monday.

Found out I am not working this Friday night now, which means I have this weekend and next weekend with only Sunday shifts! Pet Expo next weekend, out home at some point over the next two weeks, and camping sometime over the next two weeks.

Hope our bicycles get brought in town tomorrow. Exercise! Nice weather! Outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment