Wednesday 1 May 2013

"What makes you itch"

I watched this video today
















 It is so true. I recognize this, and long to be able to do something I like, without worrying about money, but I'm not sure what it is. What do I want to do?

I know I like helping people, and interacting with people. If money was no issue, and I didn't have to work, I would spend my time volunteering, helping others, and spending time with friends and family. I enjoy spending time with children, even though I sometimes feel awkward due to if other adults are going to think I am silly, etc. Like with my nephew - I'd love to sing him songs, and read him books, but I feel a little awkward sometimes in front of the rest of my family. I shouldn't. He makes me happy. I know I want children and to be a mom. I worry about how I will handle it some times with my OCD, but I can only imagine how fulfilling it will feel. My heart already melts at the sight of my nephew and other children, what would I be like with my own?

This is one of the reasons why I have considered going back to do primary elementary education, and teaching a young grade. It would make me so happy to know that I am helping children learn and grow, and make them feel special and loved, especially those that may come from situations where they do not get that at home. Knowing that they would look up to me, would make me smile. 

This is still an option, but sadly MUN is not offering any of the prerequisites I need this summer, and I have three left in order to apply. Ideally I wanted to get these done by the end of 2013 so I could start the program May 2014 and be teaching Fall 2015. Maybe I'll be lucky, and be able to do all three this fall. That would be amazing.

ideas and options.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment